The mission of the Greater Statesville Chamber Ambassadors is to raise the awareness of the benefits of the Chamber in order to increase membership and retention.
· To actively promote membership in the Chamber.
· To facilitate networking among members.
· To encourage meaningful participation and involvement in Chamber programs to enhance the membership benefits received by each member, strengthen member commitment, and increase long term member retention.
· To contact members as necessary to inform them about upcoming events.
The Ambassadors are the Chamber’s premiere volunteer organization composed of high-energy, outgoing and dynamic business men and women. The Ambassadors work together as a team to increase membership retention and to improve awareness of Chamber benefits. Ambassadors also act as hosts at Chamber events.
· To call, visit and act as hosts to assigned members and to facilitate networking with these members at monthly events.
· To provide a reliable customer service base to help assigned members with questions or concerns.
· To educate and inform assigned members on Chamber public policy initiatives, programs and services.
· To get assigned members engaged in Chamber programs and events.
· To sustain and enhance one of the Chamber’s most valuable volunteer programs.
· To assist the Membership Department with member retention.
· To assist the Membership Department with member sales.
· To advise staff on issues affecting members, and to offer guidance on how the Chamber can assist members optimize their experience.
· Professional networking opportunities.
· Recognition on www.statesvillechamber.org and on the Ambassador’s roster.
· Volunteer experience and credibility.
· Opportunity to become Ambassador of the Year at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting by earning points for attending monthly meetings, Chamber events and making prospective membership calls.
· Use your shared experience as a Chamber member to “break the ice” with potential customers by having greater direct access to the membership.
· Ambassadors represent the Chamber and should be Chamber members in good standing, as well as exhibit positive behavior on social media sites and in the community.
· There is a cost of $160.00 per year to be in the Ambassador group. This cost includes lunch at each meeting and is non-refundable.
· Ambassadors are expected to attend monthly meetings, attend at least five (5) ribbon cuttings per year and two (2) major events per year, volunteer four (4) hours per year at any Chamber event, select members from the Chamber membership roster to communicate with throughout the year through phone calls, emails or personal visits, and interact with them at networking events, keep Chamber informed of any changes in their assigned member information, and contact prospective members and bring business cards or contact information to membership services manager at monthly meetings.