GREATER STATESVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening
Congratulations on your new, or renewed, business. A key component of making sure that your work is recognized is through having a Ribbon Cutting or Grand Opening Celebration coordinated by/through the Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce. These guidelines have been established so that you/we can gain a better understanding of your expectations for this event. Ribbon Cuttings/Grand Openings can take a variety of shapes and we want to do the best we can to make sure your expectations are met or exceeded.
1) Know why you want to host this event and articulate that with the Chamber staff. You might want to have as many people as possible at the Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening – or you might want to have a more targeted approach to getting a more specific audience to the event. The higher your expectations the more work and cost will be entailed.
2) These events can be as brief as a 5 minute ribbon cutting or can be as long as an all-day “drop in” affair. The Chamber’s responsibility will be to make note of the event on our website and email communications. We will post pictures on social media venues and in our magazine. The Chamber will coordinate/staff the actual “cutting of the ribbon”. We will recruit Ambassadors to attend the ribbon cutting as their schedule allows. We can invite other dignitaries but are at the mercy of their schedule. We can provide assistance in the invitation of those dignitaries but it is most effective if it comes from you. There may be several photos taken. We ask that at least one of those photos include all participating Ambassadors.
3) Timing is very important. To maximize attendance by the Chamber membership, a ribbon cutting during business hours Mon-Friday is important. There may be occasions in which a host would want to have a ribbon cutting after/before hours or on the weekend. In those cases, attendance by Ambassadors and other Chamber members is greatly reduced.
4) Any activities outside of the “ribbon cutting” will be the responsibility of the host organization. Food is always a good option and providing a memorable experience is important.
5) Promote the event with your own customers. You want this event to be filled with energy and a sense of celebration. Make sure you have the right people on hand to make that work.
Please contact our office at 704-873-2892 to schedule your event.