The mission of the Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce is to create value for our members by representing their interests and needs, and by being their voice of business, thereby, strengthening the quality of life and the continued development and prosperity of our community.
Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce 2014
Program of Work
The Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce will serve as the catalyst for proactive change in the business community while developing, expanding partnerships to achieve common goals.
We are a membership based organization comprised of over 700 businesses and professionals. We believe that the long term economic vitality of a community is driven by successful businesses. We serve as a unified voice for business in public affairs.
Much of our programming is directed towards building a network of contacts for our members. Spending money locally with other Chamber members expands the community’s economic prosperity. Through various leads groups, business after/before hours, Business Expo, breakfast clubs, workshops/seminars or our extraordinary Ambassadors program we offer members the opportunity to grow their local business. Additionally, we expect to offer over 100,000 referrals of local Chamber members to the vast number of internet and telephone inquirers.
Perhaps just as important are the initiatives that we undertake to help build a sense and spirit of “community”. When creative, energetic and passionate people pull together for a common cause, good things happen. In many cases, the Chamber has been an organizing force. Together, through the coordinative efforts of the Chamber, we can accomplish many more things that any of us could do on our own.
Divisions of the Greater Statesville Chamber of Commerce
· Membership Division
(VP – Mae Jackson, Piedmont HealthCare)
The purpose of this division is to build the membership of the organization and to provide networking opportunities for the economic well-being of the membership.
· Complete the year with over 725 members
· Keep retention of existing members at 88%
· Maintain a vibrant Ambassadors program that meets monthly
· Update the Chamber website, www.statesvillechamber.org to showcase the community, the organization and our members.
· Serve as a social media “connector” for our membership
· Schedule and host Business after Hours monthly and other networking events as needed.
· Communicate via email with the membership once a week to note upcoming events.
· Coordinate the publication of “The Connection” the bi-monthly magazine of the Chamber
· Coordinate the Leadership Statesville initiative
Public Policy Division
(VP – Alex Fraser, Manheim Statesville)
The purpose of this division is to serve as a proactive and unified voice for the business community in local, state and federal government.
· Maintain weekly contact with local officials as it relates to matters of pertinence to the business environment of Statesville and Iredell County,
· Communicate periodically with state and federal officials as it relates to matters of pertinence to the business environment of Statesville and Iredell County,
· Coordinate Local Candidate’s Academy to educate citizens interested in running for public office about the election process.
· Coordinate public forum for candidates running for public office
· Maintain relationship with the local transportation organizations to voice our areas of interest and concern
· Survey the membership, as needed, to determine areas of public policy areas of interest or need.
(VP – Justin Rutledge, BB&T)
The purpose of this division is to provide programming devoted specifically for local businesses to enhance profitability.
· Continue the innovative “Think Local” campaign begun in 2013
· Provide periodic meetings of businesses along the Sullivan Road corridor that are impacted by the construction of I-40 to ensure good communication as it relates to traffic flow and other concerns
· Help coordinate and market seminars and workshops through the Mitchell Community College Small Business Center.
· Develop a quarterly meeting of the local realtors in Iredell County to provide information enabling greater advocacy for making Statesville/Troutman a preferred destination for relocation
· Aid in the coordination of the Iredell County Health Forum
· Coordinate the five Leads Groups of the Chamber
· Quarterly update metrics that determine economic vibrancy of the community.
· Coordinate quarterly “Secrets to Long Term Success” lunch
· Coordinate the annual NC Safety Awards banquet
· Serve on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of Statesville Regional Development
Troutman Area Council
(VP – Jan Comer, Engineered Sintered Components)
The purpose of this division is to provide an avenue for the business community and leaders in the Troutman area to become actively involved in the vitality of the area.
· Hold quarterly meetings with the business and government leaders in Troutman around pertinent topics.
· Increase participation and membership by 15%
· Seek areas and programs that will encourage people from Troutman to be more involved with overall Chamber programming.
· Promote the continued utilization and expansion of Troutman/Engineered Sintered Components Park.
. Coordinate the purpose and practices of the North Carolina Small Town Main Street Program for a further revitalized energy in the community.
(VP - Susie Wiberg, Iredell-Statesville Schools)
The purpose of this division is to serve as a liaison between the business and education communities. We will undertake programming that serves to raise the profile of local education, teachers and students.
· Coordinate Youth Leadership Iredell program, a nine month program for the top juniors at local high schools in which they are led through topical explorations of Iredell County.
· Maintain close relationships with the LeaderinMe schools through the Iredell-Statesville School to understand how the business community can continue involvement
· Maintain partnership with the “Teaching for Jobs” program initiated by Statesville Regional Development in which teachers are provided information on the local job market, particularly in the fields of advanced manufacturing
· Provide support to all local education institutions as requested
(VP – Marian Steele, J. C. Steele and Sons)
The purpose of this division is to provide programming that will build energy and excitement within the membership and community at large, while providing valuable revenue to the organization.
· Coordinate the Chamber’s Annual Meeting
· Coordinate the Annual Business Expo
· Coordinate the Birdie, Bogeys and Business Golf Tournament
· Coordinate the Davis Regional Amazing Race
· Coordinate the Corporate Spellin’ Bee
· Co-coordinate Piedmont HealthCare Friday after Five
· Co-coordinate Statesville Pumpkinfest
· Provide support for the Carolina BalloonFest
LEADERSHIP OF THE GREATER STATESVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Chair – Randy Welch, Duke Energy-
Past Chair – Julia Wilson, GL Wilson Building Company
Treasurer – John Green, Iredell Health System – Chair Elect
VP – Business Development – Justin Rutledge, BB&T
VP – Public Policy – Alex Fraser, Manheim Auto Auction
VP – Troutman Area Council – Jan Comer, Engineered Sintered Components
VP – Special Events – Marian Steele, JC Steele & Sons
VP – Education – Susie Wiberg, Iredell-Statesville Schools
VP – Membership – Mae Jackson, Piedmont HealthCare
BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2014-2016
Terms Expiring 2014
John Green, Iredell Health System Darbah Skaf, Statesville Housing Authority
Dave Rausch, Kewaunee Scientific Marian Steele, JC Steele & Sons
Randy Welch, Duke Energy Craig Morrow, Morrow and Associates, Inc.
Terms Expiring 2015
Cindi Butcher, Davis Regional Medical Center Mike Neader, McDonalds
Jan Comer, Engineered Sintered Components Tim Brewer, Mitchell Community College
John Gallina, Purple Heart Homes Susie Wiberg, Iredell Statesville Schools
Mae Jackson, Piedmont HealthCare Melinda Childress, Banner Drug
Terms Expiring 2016
Alex Fraser, Mannheim Auto Auction Justin Rutledge,BB&T
Rita Moore, Doosan Infracore Rich Gustin, Amesbury Textiles
Brian Nicolay, Flow Automotive Pritesh Nagaraji, Comfort Inn
Caroline Brown, Alarm South
One Year Appointed Terms
Julia Wilson, GL Wilson Building Alex Walker, Walker, Robinson & Clark
Michael Smith - Statesville Regional Development
Nancy Keith - Cooperative ExtensionService
Marin Tomlin - Downtown Statesville Development Corp.
Kristi Madison Pfeufer - Chair of Ambassadors
Ron Smith - Iredell County Manager
Costi Kutteh - Mayor City of Statesville
Ann Bailie - Town Manager of Troutman