Statesville Civic Center
Salary Range: $37,654.45 - $62,130.02
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs intermediate technical and skilled work supervising the work of Civic Center janitorial, maintenance, repair and construction crews; does related work as required.
Work is performed under regular supervision of Civic Center Director. Supervision is exercised over assigned crews.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assigns work, supervises, trains, leads and evaluates performance for maintenance activities;
- Supervises and leads in set-ups, tear downs, and changeovers from one event to another;
- Supervises cleaning of Civic Center and grounds in its entirety;
- Ability to operate computer proficiently utilize computer programs WORD and EXCEL to generate reports, schedules and inventories;
- Supervises the trimming of shrubbery and maintenance of grounds;
- Supervises and leads in the mechanical maintenance and repair of all equipment;
- Recommends new equipment or tools to be purchased;
- Explains departmental policy and procedures to staff and public;
- Repairs and troubleshoots HVAC and AV equipment;
- Supervises and leads in all janitorial work in Civic Center;
- Keeps inventory of all maintenance and janitorial supplies at Civic Center;
- Purchases all maintenance and janitorial supplies approved by Center Director;
- Supervises all safety, security and OSHA compliance;
- Inspects work performed for completion;
- Maintains documentation of all repairs to facility;
- Supervises and leads community service workers as needed;
- Does related work as required.
JOB RELATED PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS: This position involves work requiring the employee to exert up to 100 pounds of force independently and without mechanical support occasionally and less force frequently to move objects. Physical activity related to this position may include climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, and hearing. An employee in this position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold, vibrations and noise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: General knowledge of the methods and practices of equipment and tools, repair and/or maintenance work; general knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work and related equipment operation; skill in the use of the equipment and tools of the trade; ability to prepare plans and reports; ability to plan and supervise the work of skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled workers on a large scale; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departmental staff, contractors and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school and repair and maintenance work including some supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid N.C. driver’s license.
This position is “non-exempt” and is eligible for overtime pay.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER